THE SIMPLE WAYS TO UPDATE YOUR HOME THIS SEASON
Posted on June 26, 2018 by Alex Perrins
Whether you’re adding little touches or planning a complete overhaul, it’s time to embrace the warmer months with home furnishings at Mailbox Birmingham.
For a nod towards the popular minimalist Scandinavian homewares trend, light wooden furniture is your go-to. Pair with neutral hues and fabrics for a clean, contemporary feel.
- MADE.COM Jensen Storage Bench, £229
- BoConcept Bornholm Coffee Table, £179
- MADE.COM Lyra Garden Hanging Chair Charcoal Grey, £449
- BoConcept Ottowa Sideboard,£2,239
- MADE.COM Thelma Bar Stool, £99
It’s the trend that originated in France back in the early 20th century, and Art Deco interiors aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. The most distinguishable characteristics of this trend include accents of gold, dark wooden cabinets and curved furniture so don’t be afraid to experiment.
- BoConcept Art Deco Tealight Holder, £15
- Heal’s Newgate Pluto Starburst Gold Wall Clock, £140
- BoConcept Black Bahia Leather Sofa, £5,274
- iLite Endon Paloma Pendant Gold, £90
Whether you’re tending to real plants or copping out with fake flowers, adding greenery into your home will breathe new life into your home and these contemporary plant potting solutions will make all the difference.
- MADE.COM Hakuun Set of 2 Terrazzo Plant Pots With Rubberwood Legs Grey, £49
- BoConcept Macrame Flowerpot, £59
- BoConcept Tear Flowerpot, £69
- Heal’sPlant Stand High, £32
- Heal’s Plant Box Small, £65
As well as being practical, durable and simple, small concrete accessories around the house will create a stripped back and rustic feel in your living space. If your home doesn’t have a garden, this is a great way to incorporate the outdoors.
- BoConcept Concrete bowl, £95
- iLiteNew Works Material Pendant Light, £138
- Heal’s Bristol Tabel Lamp, £59
- MADE.COM Kalaw Coffee Table Concrete, £249
Find out more about home furnishings at Mailbox on Level 1.
MAILBOX SEASONAL MUST-HAVES
Posted on June 26, 2018 by Alex Perrins
Step into summer with a few of our favourites this season, from beach bags to jeans and bras to trainers.
1. Maggie Red Leather, £40, LK Bennett (was £95)
This compact cross-body ‘pouch’ is small enough to take everywhere but big enough to fit all your essentials. Make this your new every day bag and add a pop of rouge to any casual look.
2. Loungewear Shorts in Cotton Jersey, £35, Hugo Boss
Kick back in comfort with these super soft cotton jersey shorts in light grey. Great for lounging, these loose-fit shorts are perfect for lazy days at home.
3. Green Suede Laceless Pumps, £119, Daniel Footwear
Available in a variety of soft pastel shades, these suede pumps from Daniel Footwear are smarter than a trainer, but just as comfortable and practical. Forget the faff of laces, you can just slip these on and head out the door.
4. Classic Mahogany Leather Belt, £225, Gieves and Hawkes
Simple and timeless, this fine grain leather belt is sure to stand the test of time. Pair with a well-fitted suit to really up your workwear game.
5. Raffia Explorer Bag, £70, Tommy Hilfiger
You can’t head to the beach without a trusty raffia beach bag and luckily, Tommy Hilfiger has got you covered. This oversized tote with embroidery detailing will fit everything you need and plenty more, so you’re all set to go for a day in the sun.
6. Triangle Bra CK Black Obsess, £42, Calvin Klein
Quite often it’s hard to find lingerie that makes you feel sexy whilst being comfortable all day, but look no further as this sultry semi-sheer lace Calvin Klein triangle bra is a fine combination of both.
7. Men’s j04 Loose-fit Cotton Denim Jeans, £200, Emporio Armani
Move over skinny jeans, there’s a new denim in town. These loose-fit jeans are best worn paired with a leather or suede jacket, simple tee and brogues, so no more squeezing into skin tight jeans in the heat.
8. Little Heroes, £45, Flint+Flint
If you’re constantly on-the-go, these travel-friendly essentials will keep your eyes bright and your lips hydrated. The ‘Little Heroes’ skin kit is made up of the Eye Hero, to minimise the signs of ageing, and Lip Hero to keep your pout super soft.
9. Women’s Blue ‘Ocean’ Print Wrap Dress, £800, Paul Smith
This bold printed dress will turn heads for all the right reasons. Add neutral heels if you’re attending a summer gathering and if you really want to go all out, a statement red lip and gold accent accessories will take your look to the next level.
10. Men’s Givenchy Trainers, £510, Harvey Nichols
Whether you’re athletic or not, these casual leather runners will add a sports-luxe touch to your off-duty weekend look.
11. Fenty Beauty Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter Duo, £28, Harvey Nichols
All hail Queen RiRi – she’s done it again. Embrace Club Tropicana vibes with the shades of Mimosa Sunrise and Sangria Sunset, the new Highlighter Duo from Fenty Beauty. With a hyper-metallic finish, this vivid highlighter is this summer’s hottest product.